Monday, March 31, 2008

A game of Tag

My friend Crys tagged me and I thought this was kind of fun. I tag anyone who reads and posts on this blog.

Simply grab the nearest book and flip to page 123. Then tell us the fifth sentence on the page.

I suppose I kind of cheated for this tag because the closest book to me was actually Quanti Colori--yet another Italian book, we're on a roll today--which only has about eight pages so I had to go further to get my book.

Here's mine:

Sempre ci pensavano, e chiedevo anche all'Emilia, ma non si poteva capire come fossero accoppiati.

That's from La luna e i falò and it means I always thought about it, and also asked Emilia, but one just couldn't understand how they got together.

I have no idea what context it is in since I haven't read the story. It's one of Andrew's Italian textbooks so it's probably some tragic romance novel, in true European fashion. Honestly, I am surprized at some of the stuff he tells me that come from his Italian textbooks...

0 comments: