Saturday, December 8, 2007

Who's Shannon Hale?

In a comment to an earlier post, Emily asked, "Who's Shannon Hale?" That is a question worth answering. Shannon Hale is a relatively new author. Her first novel, The Goose , came out about 4 years ago. I love this book; it's in my top 5. It's the retelling of a Grimm fairy tale. There are two sort-of sequels, Enna Burning and River Secrets. These are all Young fiction (my favorite kind). She published a stand-alone original novel called Princess Academy, which is wonderful. She's also published a novel for s, called Austenland, about a woman obsessed with Jane Austen. And her most recent book is Book of a Thousand Days. Wow, she's been busy! She's a young LDS mom of two kids. I cannot imagine how she's had time to get this many books out this quickly. Impressive! Anyway, she's an imaginative, skillful, fun writer. Some of her books work better than others. My favorites are The Goose and Princess Academy. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Large Marge said...

Sorry, her first novel is The Goose G I R L. I have an internet filter that doesn't allow the word [young woman].