Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Hello All

I'm Nancy and I'm finally posting my introduction. I'm in Bonnie's ward here in Orem. My little girl, Rachel, is exactly 6 weeks older than Amy, so they hang out a lot which means Bonnie and I often get to see each other as well.

I don't actually get a whole lot of reading done because Rachel is one of those very active children. But I have good intentions. I have some very interesting-sounding stories checked out of the library right now and my husband just finished another of his textbooks, No god but God, so that's all mine now!

Let's see...my husband is majoring in Arabic. I majored in Linguistics. We love languages, we love to travel. Our first 6 months of marriage we went to 4 different continents and a plethora of countries. So when I'm stuck at home in Utah, I like to read books that are set in foreign lands.

I grew up in Canada. I like mint white chocolate. I can often be found running around barefoot. My house is a mess.

I think that just about sums me up!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Nancy! Nice to meet you officially (sort of). I'm completely jealous of all the traveling you did as newlyweds. Someday my husband and I are going to do the same thing! (We have a travel the world fund in a mason jar.) What languages do you speak? Jon and I both love linguistics but we're a bit Europecentric. Between us we cover Italian, German, French, Spanish and Dutch. Someday we'll expand our horizons... Until then I (like you) travel the world through books. :D

Nancy said...

I'd only consider us "fluentesque" in Russian, Italian and Arabic. We can do little snippets of French, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Farsi, Hindi, German...I think that's all.

We need a travel jar, too!