Friday, January 25, 2008

The Peacegiver by James L. Ferrell

This book is fairly short and one of the best I've ever read. It is written by an LDS author and makes frequent references to various LDS scriptures, but largely uses Bible stories to teach profound principles of the Atonement. No book I have ever read opened the scriptures and the Atonement to my eyes more than this book did. It's an easy read, ~200 fairly-small pages, and outstandingly insightful. I think everyone should read this book. Everyone.

3 comments:

Large Marge said...

I'm about 15 pages from the end of this book. I'm enjoying it.

Bonnie Parks said...

I really enjoyed this book, too. It was a very easy and enjoyable read and one that I have thought about occasionally since. I also am writing this because Matt has really been hoping that someone else would make a comment about this book because he loves it so much. So that's what I think about it.

Carole said...

Isn't this the book I gave you for Christmas in 2006?