Monday, November 19, 2007

Hi my name is...

Emily Roundy! I live in Omaha, Nebraska with my husband Jon and my two beautiful kids Sarah and Ben. Jon is in his second year of law school and I'm a stay-at-home mom (the best job in the world!). I also teach piano and voice lessons, but I don't have very many students right now. Bonnie and I met at Snow College where we were in several choirs together and partied pretty hard (in the non-drunk, Mormon sort of way). We had such a blast in those days!!! I studied choral conducting at Utah State University after I finished Snow College and before I got married. I never finished my degree, but someday I'm going to go back. When I do, I want to study to be an editor or a librarian, instead of finishing up in music. I love my family, music, reading, writing and laughing! I want to do a little bit of everything in my life. I'm completely insatiable when it comes to trying new things. My favorite authors are Jane Austen, C.S. Lewis, and Shannon Hale (for the moment, at least). I devour Childrens and YA Lit for breakfast, lunch and dinner. (Literally. Sometimes the only way I get a couple quiet minutes to read is to do so when my children are happily occupied at the table.) My literary fetishes are alliteration and parenthetical side comments (I hope you'll oblige me as I opt for the opportunity to use parentheses since the occasion occurs often.) I am completely, 100% and in every way possible, a nerd. Come see my family's blog! (Click here to see my blog.) Nice to meet you!

1 comments:

Nancy said...

I've always wanted to be a librarian as well. Maybe one day we'll be in school together working toward the same degree.

You never know. It could happen.