Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm hooked

Funny story sidenote: On Friday we spent the night at my in-laws'. My mother-in-law knows I love to read so she lent me a pile of about 10 books or so. I was in between books right then and didn't even have any library books at home ready to start so it was perfect timing (no pun intended with the title of the book). I started this book on Saturday, read some on Sunday, finished it Sunday (very early Monday morning technically). When I saw my mother-in-law on Monday she teasingly asked if I had read all her books yet. I said no, but I finished one. She was surprised that I was serious about that. Then I started another book Monday during the day. So Tuesday some people come to lay carpet at our house. There was only one chair in a small area of the house that was cleared off for me to sit on. I didn't have much access to other places or things in my house. So I just sat on the chair taking care of Amy and reading for 3 1/2 hours or so. I finished that book late last night (again, technically early this morning). Tonight is book club, and I hadn't had the chance to read the book yet because I'm on hold to get the book on CD from the library. It hasn't come yet so I just borrowed a copy of the book. I have to read it all by 7 tonight. No problem. The whole point is, I am out of control reading, and I love it. One of these days I am going to have to calm down in order to be able to put my house back together from all that carpet laying. Sorry this is long and maybe kind of boring. I love reading!

0 comments: