Tuesday, November 6, 2007

New Book Blog

Hello Friends!
I decided that it would be fun to have a place to recommend books to each other. My idea for how this should work is this: contact me about becoming a contributor (or whatever they call it) for the blog so you can post on it. When you read a book, include in your post the name and author, a brief description of the book, and your opinion. I'm afraid that I do need to set one very important rule in order to personally enjoy this blog at all. No giving anything away under any circumstances. In your description you can include the genre and a brief look into what the book is like, but no big summaries or spoiling of endings. I hate that. If multiple people have read the book and want to discuss it in enough detail that it would spoil the book for others, they can have their own little google chat about it. I hope I am not sounding mean. I just want to make this enjoyable. I also thought it would be fun to have a list of authors' websites on the blog so we could learn more about them if we choose. Also, I imagine most of us are hoping to avoid books with bad language, sex, violence, etc. If you want to recommend a book with those things in it, please note them in your description. Then those of us who would like to can avoid those books. Or if you started reading a book but put it down because you found it too offensive, please let us know that so we can avoid reading that book. Thanks!

0 comments: