Thursday, November 15, 2007

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

I love this book and recommend it to everyone, so I thought it appropriate that it be my first post here. This is a YA/Children's fantasy book. Diana Wynne Jones is my favorite "junk food for the brain" author and this is one of her best works. The main character is Sophie who lives in a hat shop in a small town that is suddenly beset by a moving castle owned by the Wizard Howl. There are some magical mishaps and a little bit of a romance, but mostly it's just fun and witty. There are too many twists and turns in this book to adequately sum it up, but each twist makes you want to keep reading. It's an easy read and completely clean so enjoy!

3 comments:

Bonnie Parks said...

I put it on hold at the library. Thanks for the recommendation.

Emily said...

Hello Emily Lund, who of course I remember and not just as Niel's sister! I love how the blogging world has put me back in touch with all these people I used to be great friends with. Anyway, thanks for the Diana Wynne Jones rec. I've heard nothing but good about her, so now I'm officially convinced that I need find one of her books and read it!!!

Bonnie Parks said...

I just finished it. The thing I really liked about this book was that I never had a clue what was going to happen. Even until the last page. I still don't know what any kind of happily ever after would entail. Forget surprise endings. The whole book is a surprise. Fun to read. I like it.